GALoP-X Winter 2019 Now Open for Students
New Zealand’s Geospatial Accelerated Learning Programme is Open.
Eagle Technology is now taking applications for the Winter 2019 GALoP-X.
Starting on the 1st July 2019, this is the 3rd intake for the Geospatial Accelerated Learning Programme (GALoP) programme with the express 6 week version designed to condense the key leanings and skills needed to either kick start or re-invigorate a GIS career. GALoP was launched in 2018 to help close the skills gaps that we see in NZ and give participants skills in key technical areas focused on ArcGIS technology combined with understanding how and where GIS fits in to real world scenarios and environments. Alongside the hands-on technical skills, the course provides overviews of key areas such as solution architecture, project management, business cases as well as a greater understanding of the various ways in which geospatial can be applied to problems in the real world.
GALoP-X is taking applications from both organisations and individuals:
- employers looking to fast-track their staff into highly productive roles,
- individuals making the transition from education to a GIS career; or
- experienced individuals making a change from another area to a GIS-focused career.
Some of the key benefits include:
- Gaining hands-on technical skills to increase productivity and innovation
- Building experience with the latest Esri and Esri-related technology
- Fast-tracking geospatial capability
- Developing skill sets to undertake a greater variety of work
- Gaining insights into best practice and how to successfully deliver geospatial projects in-house
- Equipping attendees with skills to help manage work more effectively and efficiently
- Gaining a competitive edge with training on the latest technology
- Investing in either your own or your team's career development
- Assisting in the promotion of either your organisation or yourself as an employer / employee to be sought out
- Growing your or your organisation's geospatial network
For more information on the programme - see the course summary or the detailed programme.
The 2019 Winter GALOP-X programme commences on 1st July 2019 for 6 weeks at the Eagle offices in central Wellington.
To start GALoPing contact us on email@example.com
View all blog posts