Geospatial Accelerated Learning Programme
The Geospatial Accelerated Learning Programme is a three month programme designed to close the skills gap; developed to quickly bring emerging spatial professionals up to speed with the use and application of the latest geospatial technology. It aims to grow and develop the participant’s skills to a level where they can make significant contributions to their organisations. The programme is the evolution of Eagle’s existing Internship programme which has been running since 2011 and which, due to demand from the industry, Eagle is now opening up to external candidates.
What benefits does the programme offer?
- Technical skills to increase productivity and innovation in the workplace
- Team experience with the latest Esri, and Esri-related, technology
- Further leverage of an organisation's geospatial investment
- Staff training to develop skill sets that will allow them to undertake a greater variety of work
- Insight into best practice and how to successfully deliver geospatial projects in-house
- Skills to help manage work more effectively and efficiently
- Investment in employee’s career development
- Promotion of the organisation as an employer of choice
- Certified Esri Training Courses and the opportunity to obtain Esri certification (over $11,000 worth of value included in the programme)
Who should apply?
Emerging spatial professionals enthusiastic about technology and innovation, who have recently entered the workforce or perhaps those that have recently transitioned into a role working with ArcGIS.
What does the programme cover?
- Esri Training Courses - completion of 5 foundation courses
- ArcGIS Concepts ArcGIS Desktop Field Mobility Data Management
- "Putting ArcGIS to Use Across Your Organisation" "ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows"
- "Optimising Field Operations with ArcGIS" "Managing Geospatial Data in ArcGIS"
- Selected topics, including 3D Analysis and GIS & BIM, will be covered through specialty workshops. There will also be the opportunity to choose elective courses to best align with the student's role within their organisation.
- Understanding and explaining the value of geospatial technology
- Translating requirements into solutions; attendees will be given the opportunity to work alongside Eagle’s experienced consultants, and will gain the opportunity to work with clients to understand how GIS can be applied
- Attendees will be given the opportunity to work on suitable projects that will directly benefit their organisation (topic to be determined with organisation’s input)
- Collaboration and work flow methodology
The programme will include guest speakers and site visits to other organisations to showcase the use of innovative Esri technology
Through applying technical skills in a real-world environment during the course of the programme, business analysis skills, project management and presentation skills will be developed, with short blocks offered on key concepts in a geospatial environment.
Esri Technical Certification
- Opportunity to gain the Esri ‘ArcGIS Desktop (Entry Level)’ technical certification, a globally recognised qualification
- Regular communication with employer, with attendees given the opportunity to progress project work back in their office
- Assessment through the certification exam and regular reporting
- Ongoing support following completion of the programme
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.