GALoP-X - Now Open for Applications
Geospatial Accelerated Learning Programme - Express
The Geospatial Accelerated Learning Programme Express (GALoP-X) is a condensed six week programme designed to close the skills gap; developed to quickly bring emerging spatial professionals up to speed with the use and application of the latest geospatial technology. It aims to grow and develop the participant's skills to a level where they can make a significant contribution to their organisation.
This programme will assist you and your organisation to:
- Gain technical skills to increase productivity and innovation in your workplace
- Build team experience with the latest Esri, and Esri-related, technology
- Further leverage your geospatial investment
- Fast-track your team's geospatial capability
- Train staff to develop skill sets that will allow them to undertake a greater variety of work
- Gain insight into best practice and how to successfully deliver geospatial projects in-house
- Equip staff with skills to help manage work more effectively and efficiently
- Provide your organisation with a competitive edge with training on the latest technology
- Invest in your employee's career development
- Assist in the promotion of your organisation as an employer of choice
- Enable your staff to grow their geospatial network
Eagle Technology is seeking applications from emerging spatial professionals enthusiastic about technology and innovation who have recently entered the workforce or perhaps those that have recently transitioned into a role working with ArcGIS.
- Esri Training Courses
- Putting ArcGIS to Use Across Your Organisation
- Spatial Analysis with ArcGIS Pro
- Optimising Field Operations with ArcGIS
- Managing Geospatial Data in ArcGIS
- Select topics, including 3D Analysis and GIS & BIM, Python, Platform Architecture, Development basics, FME and Image Analysis will be covered through speciality workshops.
Learning through doing
Technical training throughout the programme will be followed by opportunities to 'learn through doing' enabling students to cement learning through relevant and practical exercises and challenges.
The programme will include a site visit to another organisation to showcase the use of innovative Esri technology.
Through applying technical skills in a real-world environment during the course of the programme, business analysis skills, project management and presentation skills will be developed, with short blocks offered on key concepts in a geospatial environment.
A day hackathon will be held towards the end of the programme to encourage collaboration, foster creativity and improve development skills, and will provide an excellent opportunity to both build on and showcase skills learnt throughout the programme.
Attendees will be given the opportunity to work on suitable projects that will directly benefit their organisation (topic to be determined with organisation's input).
A complimentary registration to the New Zealand Esri User Conference is included for each GALoP-X participant.
For more information on the programme - see http://eaglegis.co.nz/galop
The GALOP-X programme is scheduled for 13 July - 21 August, 2020 at the Eagle Technology offices in central Wellington.